25 May 2007

Out of the dung heap a lotus grows...

I am waiting for the lotus, but I believe I have found the dung heap.

Back in therapy for my long-standing depression and anxiety issues. It's been several years since my last round of talk therapy, so this Spring seemed as good a time as any to do some mental gardening. (OK, so it was more like "Oh my god, I can't take it anymore, give me that therapist's email address!")

Luckily I seem to have landed with someone who tracks with me through all my mopey trains of thought. So wish me luck. It's amazing how quickly the weeds come up in here, but it's also oddly reassuring to know the soil is still fertile. Oh, it's fertile alright.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We did seem to get brains that need a lot of maintenance, didn't we? I'm probably going to get mine tweaked by a new counselor this summer, although I'm not quite at the "Danger, Will Robinson!" phase yet. --your sis