20 July 2007

Where the hell am I?

Uh, mostly in the World of Warcraft, although tonight I plan to take an extended trip to the world of Harry Potter.

DD1 and I are going to a midnight release "event" at a nearby Barnes & Noble. I'm not sure what the "event" part will be other than standing in line wringing our hands with the other hundreds of HP fans. I may wear a sign around my neck saying "Spoilers will be physically assaulted" and a very gruff, mean expression on my face.

The upside of going to the midnight release is that I will have my copy of the book before my wife has hers. Yes, you read it right; we buy two copies of the book and give one away after we've read it in parallel. Wrestling each other for a single copy would be extremely undignified, especially in front of our children.

I'm having a good summer. In spite of all the food I'm eating, my body shape seems to be plateau-ing at small-weather-balloon level. This week I tried lifting weights; I was so sore a few days later that I have not yet returned to them. Maybe tonight or tomorrow since the soreness has left me more or less.

Wifey asked me (in a roundabout way, i.e. by suggesting it in her blog) that I should tell the story of my correspondence with Daniel Pinkwater. And I will do that. Some other time.

Ta ta for now.

1 comment:

Rex Parker said...

DD1! That chatspeak is cool for chicks, but your blog says "From Egg to Man." MAN! Come on!

Meditate first. Exercise second. Prioritize, man! Plus, weights, schmeights. Yoga!

I miss you guys.

"Rex"